Monday, May 29, 2017

Life Is Meant To Be Enjoyed -- Cards In Envy

May 29, 2017

I hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day!  I had family over yesterday, so today I got to make a few cards.  I always enjoy time in my "tepee"!  

I am playing along with the Cards In Envy challenge. 


The theme is favorite color combo-anything goes. 
I love red and turquoise together.  I really like all shades of these two colors.  Since I wanted to use distress inks to create the frame and the stripes, I used Cracked Pistachio and Worn Lipstick.  The Worn Lipstick is little more pink, but it still makes me smile.


After creating two distress ink sample papers, I used a MFT Bold Stripes Cover Up die to cut the background.  The circle is cut using SugarPea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Circle dies. I sponged Cracked Pistachio around the edges.  The little girl image and sentiment are from MFT Fun In The Sun stamp set.  I colored the image with Copic Markers and fussy cut it.  I added Wink of Stella for shine.  A few sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh were added for fun.  


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you had "Fun In The Sun" today!  

HUGS!
Claire

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable Claire! Perfect summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too darn cute...love your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire! Love your color combo - it's so fresh and summery! You've also motivated me to use that background die more. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Cards in Envy! ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!