Sunday, February 19, 2017

Heartfelt Sympathy --PP #332

February 19, 2017

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  The lovely Laurie is our hostess this week and she has a fun Clean and Simple Challenge for all of us.  



We can't wait to see what you create.  Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card so, that narrowed down the sentiments I could choose from. 



My card is created on a white card base.  I used a few pieces of DSP that I found in my box for this card.  I do not know where they are from.  SO sorry. I used the wood grain piece as a background.   The feathers were cut using a rectangle die and a long rectangle strip was placed across the middle of the card using a coordinating pattern.  The Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold The Comfort die was used to cut the word "sympathy".  I cut it out five times for dimension.  The heartfelt was stamped using the matching stamp set.  I added a few sparkling clear sequins to finish my card. 



Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from our design team and I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week.

The Paper Players Design Team
Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.  Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

HUGS!
Claire

12 comments:

  1. So sorry you needed to make this card, Claire. It is lovely though--the colors and papers so soothing and I love the stacked sentiment. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the season Claire - both LeAnne and I have needed sympathy cards this week too. I love the subtle colouring of your chosen papers and that stacked diecut sentiment; I'm sure your card will bring comfort to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty for a sympathy card Claire. Sorry to hear you needed to make one,though.

    Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the layering and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feather colors and patterns are great and very soothing! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is stunning! I just love that feathery background paper...and your sentiment is amazing. I am sure it will be a comfort to the recipient, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sympathy card Claire, though I am sorry to hear you needed one. Terrific mix of patterns, and I like the stacked up sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an appropriate and thoughtful card. Great mix of designer papers and your layout is perfect x
    Hi Claire...Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. The dress/lady stamp is Dylusions..couture collection. The mini text stamp is PaperArtsy..MN75. It is so useful as the text is really mini and it stamps really clearly. Hope this helps and thanks again x Thank you too for your kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Love the patterns together Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very beautiful, Claire. The patterns, colors, everything is so soft and warm, great choice for the sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sympathy card....those colors are soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, I love these soft and soothing colors and patterns. Fabulous choices for a sympathy card. Wonderful, my friend
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!