Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SMILES--FMS 210

October 28, 2015

I am not to jolly today.  Prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow is NOT fun!  I am so hungry!!!!  So, when I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today, I knew just what I wanted to make.  I got a new paper pack from Doddlebug Designs Paper-SugarPlums Collection It had adorable little gingerbread people on one of the sheets, so I dug out my little gingerbread man die and dreamed of smelling and tasting a yummy, warm gingerbread boy! I think it made my situation worse!  LOL!


My card base is Real Red.  I used the SugarPea Designs rectangle border to cut the gingerbread paper.  I also cut the green patterned paper with the same dies.  I cut little squares using my stitched square dies from Simon Says Stamp.  The gingerbread boys were cut on Soft Suede card stock using the Impression Obsession-Christmas Icons.  I used dimensionals under them to make them pop up.  


I cut the "smiles" die out five times and glued them together for lots of dimension and then added Wink of Stella for lots of shine.  Enamel dots were added for fun!




Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment.  I love to hear from you!  I just keeping thinking about that story, "RUN, RUN" as fast as you can, You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!  Hope my card made you smile!  

HUGS!
Claire


8 comments:

  1. In my opinion, preparing for the colonoscopy is 1000x worse than the actual event!! I hope all went well. Glad you could make cards while you were suffering! Those cute little gingerbread men definitely fit with the "smile" sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Kim! Everything went well! :) XX

      Delete
  2. Your gingerbread men are so cute and I love the wink of stella on the sentiment! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card, Claire! Those little gingerbread men are just too cute. I hope your procedure went well. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karren! SO nice to hear from you! I appreciate your kind thoughts. All went well! Over for another 10 years! XX

      Delete
  4. Oh that prep is brutal. I hope the procedure went okay and you recovered from that awful night of preparing for it. I love your sweet little gingerbread men! That paper is awesome too. I love Doodlebug paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Rita! Yes, it is not a fun evening, but all went well! I appreciate your kind comments! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!