Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Merry Christmas--Merry Monday #130 and FMS 158

October 15, 2014

I am leaving on a trip to Washington D.C. in the morning!  I am so excited and will be doing a lot of sightseeing and tourist things.  I am going with my dear friend and we are going to have a blast!  With that being said, today was kind of crazy trying to get everything finished at home that needed to be done before I leave.   I did find a few minutes to sneak in my craft room.  I wanted to make a card and decided to link it up with two of my favorite challenges.  

I used the fabulous sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge theme, "Silent Night!"   I am always inspired by these amazing design team members and I hope you will stop by their blogs for inspiration!




I am using a Stamp Set that has never been inked!  It is retired, but it is part of the "Best of Christmas" set.  I hope you will enjoy my card.  Nothing says "Silent Night" to me like the Nativity.



The base card is Smokey Slate (5 1/2" X 4 1/4").  I layered Night of Navy and Smokey Slate on the next three layers.  I used the Stars Decorative Mask from Stampin' Up! and embossing paste to create the "Silent Night!"  



I added another layer of Whisper White and Night of Navy to make the focal point.  I stamped the Nativity in Momento Black and used my Stampin' Up! Blendabilities to color the scene.  I adhered a punched border on the left side to accent the image.  A strip of silver ribbon was the finishing touch.  I also stamped Merry Christmas (Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set) to complete the card.  I felt the Nativity spoke volumes, so I did not add any other bling.  


Please leave a comment if you have a minute.  It really means a lot to me!  I love to hear from you!

If you have any questions, please contact me at: Claire.

I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Let me know if you need a catalog or have questions.

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stampin!
Claire





18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas card. I love all the stars and the beautifully colored Nativity. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jen! I had fun making this card! XX

      Delete
  2. Have fun in DC Claire, I was there with Stampin' Up! demo's a few weeks ago and had a great time! The layers on your card look great and love the stamped image! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Debbie! I have never been and I am so excited! So nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  3. Have a great trip! Your card is terrific - love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Linda! Great to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  4. Love this, Claire! It is a perfect representation of Silent Night for sure! Have fun in DC! I'll be wavin' atcha! Thanks for playing with my Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, LeAnne! I had a blast in DC. I saw you waving! XX

      Delete
  5. Sweet! I love all your little stars. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Patti! So glad you visited my blog! XX

      Delete
  6. Very fun design Claire.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Diane! So happy you visited my blog! XX

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jodi! Love to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  8. Love this card Claire! That little nativity is just perfect and I love the grunge splatters on the background. The embossing paste stars on the navy complete the scene perfectly. Hope you had a great time in DC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Joanne! I had fun making this card! XX

      Delete
  9. Just beautiful! I love this combination of image and texture! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Narelle! SO nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!